Montenegro Travel Restrictions: COVID-19 Information
If you are planning to visit our country, be assured to check the following travel restrictions and measures for Montenegro. New measures against COVID-19 are adopted by the Government every 7 days.
The number of patients with the virus is 321, while the total number recovered is 98,537. vaccinated number is 150,031. There are general measures, measures related to movement, special measures. This text especially highlights the measures related to travel, arrival and stay of foreigners in Montenegro. This text will be updated every seven days following the new measures.
Montenegro travel restrictions for foreigners
Montenegro travel restrictions refer to the entry and movement of foreigners in our country. Travel restrictions for Montenegro were introduced to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The Government closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation in Montenegro and introducing measures where needed.
Montenegro COVID-19 entry restrictions for foreigners
- Foreigners can enter Montenegro if they have a negative PCR test result, and not older than 72 hours.
- Foreigners can enter Montenegro with a positive result of a serological test - an antibody of the IgG class, which is issued by registered laboratories and is not older than 30 days.
- Foreigners may enter Montenegro with proof that they have been vaccinated with other doses of vaccine against the new coronavirus, issued by an authorized health institution, at least seven days before entering Montenegro.
- Foreigners may enter Montenego if they have a positive PCR test for new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 which is issued by a registered laboratory that is older than 14 days from the date of arrival at border crossing and is not older than 90 days, which confirms that the owner has recovered from
- Foreigners can enter Montenegro even if they do not meet any of the above conditions. Then they must be quarantined for 14 days.
- Children up to 5 years of age can enter Montenegro without a PCR test.
- Foreigners from the following countries: the Republic of Serbia, the Republic of Kosovo, Bosnia and
Herzegovina, the Republic of Croatia, the Republic of Albania, the Russian Federation, the Republic
Belarus, Ukraine and the Republic of Northern Macedonia, the Member States of the European Union and the States of Israel, the Swiss Confederation, the Republic of Moldova, the Kingdom of Norway and the Republic of Kazakhstan, the United States of America, Canada, can enter Montenegro without a PCR test or a vaccination test.
Foreigners from other countries can also enter if they have been staying continuously in one of the countries before entering Montenegro for 15 days.
- It is mandatory to wear the mask, indoors, outdoors.
- Restaurants, cafes, are open in the period 7am -24pm h. Also work hotel cuisine for their guests. Restaurants and bars can only offer takeout/delivery services.
- Shopping malls, markets, beauty salons, fitness centres work in the period 7am-24pm.
- Mass gatherings are forbidden.
- For all cities in Montenegro, intercity traffic is allowed.
Montenegro travel restrictions are not covered by public and air transport.
- Are commercial flights open: YES
- Is public transport active: YES
National parks are open.
The Lipska Cave is open to visitors.
All border crossings are open. Transition control is in line with the measures of the Institute of Public Health.
Gas stations, banks and pharmacies operate regularly. In passenger and public transport, the existence of prescribed measures is mandatory. Taxi transport and car rental in Montenegro is currently available.
Rent a car in Montenegro during coronavirus
If you want to rent a car in Montenegro during covid, have information on the entire process of disinfection and collection of vehicles. Additional rules are prescribed for the operation of a car rental agency in Montenegro during the coronavirus. It is an obligation to take care of clean vehicled. Respecta car agency has adopted a special safety protocol for protection against covid 19. The protocol is in line with the recommendations of the Institute of Public Health, and further expanded to increase user safety. It involves complete disinfection of the car and 24 hours before a new rental agreement.
Additional Montenegro travel advisory
In public transport:
- Follow all official instructions. Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in public. Masks are required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation travelling into, within, or out of Montenegro and in Montenegro transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 2 meters from anyone who is not travelling with you.
- Use disinfecting wipes on handles and buttons at the gas pumps before you touch them.
- After fueling, use a hand sanitiser gel with at least 60% alcohol. When you get to your destination, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.