Rent a car in Herceg Novi: Useful information for all travelers
If you want to rent a car in Herceg Novi, provide some information that will surely be useful.
The city center is 21 km from Tivat Airport and 44 km from Budva. It is also well connected with other places on the Montenegrin coast via the Adriatic highways. The Kamenari-Lepetani ferry is also close by, which allows you to visit the Bay of Kotor. If hire car in Herceg Novi, you can fill the tank at eight gas stations, which work 24 hours a day. The post office is located in the city center. There are several banks in the place where you can convert money. The hospital center Meljine is located in the city. This is one of the best-equipped hospitals in this part of Montenegro.
Telephone and internet
You can buy phone SIM cards that include the Internet in most stores. It also operates several operators in Telekom, Telenor, and Mtel. These packages are tailored to tourists. You can buy a package for 10 to 20 euros that allow you to make phone calls and the Internet for up to a month.
Your personal manager will be at your service and provide all the necessary information regarding your stay in Montenegro. You can also send a message or call our service at 0038269457564 anytime 24 hours if you need help or information.
Border crossings near the Herceg Novi
The border crossings near the Herceg Novi are Sitnica and Debeli brijeg. The Sitnica border crossing is about 22 km away from town. From the direction of Montenegro, when you cross the border, you can reach Trebinje in the neighboring Republika Srpska, which is only 21 km away. The second border crossing is Debeli Brijeg, which is 8 km away from the town. Dubrovnik is 40 km away from this border crossing. Both border crossings are well equipped, and have checkpoints for tourists. During the summer season, daily crowds should be avoided. We recommend switching early in the morning. Also, keep in mind that the Sitnica border crossing is always less crowded.
Parking tips in Herceg Novi
Here we will offer you parking tips in Herceg Novi.
- Paid parking
Near the Simo Milosevic Health Center, Norwegian street, as well as street parking lots. Prices for parking per hour range from 0.50 cents to 0.80 cents. You can also buy a daily ticket for parking at the store, which costs 4 euros.
- Free parking
There are no public parking lots available. You can park in side streets if you find a place. It should be especially noted that the circular traffic system is valid. This means that you always move the vehicle in the direction of the left to get out of town.
Most popular rental car in Montenegro?
We will try to help you about most popular rental car in Montenegro. Smaller cars are mostly driven in Montenegro. Especially during the tourist season, with a smaller automobile, it is easier to find parking and avoid traffic jams. Also, roads in Montenegro are often narrow if you want to visit national parks, separate beaches, lookouts, and so on.
In our fleet, we own a Hyundai i20 AT, a Chevrolet Spark, or a Renault Clio that are great for local roads. You can browse and book all the vehicles here.
Travel safely during the COVID-19
You can travel safely during COVID-19. Compared to the surrounding countries, our country belongs to the category with a moderate number of infected inhabitants. In April, our agency introduced a disinfection protocol for clients, employees, and vehicles. The protocol is updated every month by Government orders, client needs, and the epidemiological situation. The entire fleet is cleaned and disinfected before and after each issue, and the steering wheel and gearbox are additionally treated with disinfectants. Our offices are also thoroughly cleaned before and after each client. Finally, each client received a disinfectant spray as a gift for a safe trip. In the previous period, we did not have a single case where our client or any of our employees became infected with the COVID virus.
Rent a car in Herceg Novi and expirience the tastes of Montenegro
- If you rent a car in Herceg Novi, visit excellent restaurants and try quality food. The offer was formed as a combination of continental and Mediterranean cuisine. Every summer, the community organizes several festivals that promote Boka and Montenegro, such as the mimosa festival and the Guitar Art summer fest. The most famous restaurants are Feral, Tavern dvori, tri lipe, Barbarella, Portofino, Pergola, and others.
- The city has a large offer of rooms, apartments and hotel accommodation. Accommodation is distributed in all parts of the city, and prices depend on comfort and distance from the coast. Some of the best hotels on the Montenegrin coast are located in the city center and its surroundings. These are Azzurro, Capitano, Casa del Mare, Palmon bay, Iberostar, Lazure Hotel and Marina, and others.
Herceg Novi nightlife guide
Herceg Novi is known for its very diverse nightlife throughout the year. A large number of festivals, carnivals, and concerts are organized. Both indoors and in nightclubs. The most famous nightclub is Casa in Igalo. The Tondo club is also very popular, followed by La Bamba, Room and Pub Got.
In February, the mimoza festival is held, the largest event of its kind in Montenegro, which has an international character. The festival is accompanied by a rich music program and lasts a month.
Herceg Novi top list
Herceg Novi top list follows. The suggestions we will list are just a part of what this beautiful city has to offer.
- The whole old town is a cultural and historical monument, more than 6 centuries old. Be sure to visit the Kanli Tower, built-in 1539 by the Turks. It offers an excellent view of the entrance to the Bay of Kotor. In the city, itself is the Clock Tower, which was built during the time of the Turks and is one of the symbols of the city.
- The Homeland Museum is located in Topla, where you can find the preserved history of the city. The building in which the museum is located is 150 years old. The museum has numerous unique collections. Next to the museum, there is a botanical garden with over 100 species of different plants. The museum works for visitors from 09-17h to 01.05. and from 01.05. until 01.10 working hours are from 09h to 21h (summer working hours) except Sunday. The ticket price is € 3, for groups of over 5 people € 1 each, and for children € 1.
- Promenade five Danica is one of the most beautiful promenades and stretches all the way from Igalo to Meljine. In the middle, in Njegoseva Street, visit the memorial house of Nobel laureate Ivo Andric, where he lived and worked.
- Finally, we recommend the Savina Monastery, built-in 1777, which has a very rich monastery treasury.
Igalo-Simo Milosevic Institute
The story of the city would not be complete without the Igalo Institute-Simo Milosevic, which is an internationally renowned rehabilitation center. Here come tourists who want a vacation or some kind of treatment. This is the most famous Balkan center for physical medicine and rheumatology, and it is unique in the use of medicinal mud that is extracted from the sea.
At the very end of the promenade, within the Simo Milosevic Institute, is Tito's villa - Galeb. Visitors can visit the premises of the complex, which was built in 1976. The scheduled dates for the tours are: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 6 and 7:15 p.m. Tickets with consumption (juice, water or coffee) cost 3 euros.
Renting car and explore Herceg Novi
When you renting car, start exploring Herceg Novi and its surroundings. From this location, you can visit the most beautiful destinations in Montenegro.
- Make a full day trip to Lustica, which abounds in pristine beaches and secluded places. There you can enjoy the comfort of one of the best hotel complexes in our country The Chedi Lustica Bay. This is a new city on the Montenegrin map, which offers exceptional comfort and quality of service.
- Every part of the Bay of Kotor is a wonderful trip for all visitors. So you will be enchanted by Perast, Risan, Dobrota. Lovcen National Park is also close.
- A special advantage is the proximity of Croatia and Republika Srpska. Dubrovnik is only 50 km away, and you will get there in our car in 1-hour drive. We suggest you set off early in the morning to avoid traffic jams. To cross the Debeli Brijeg border crossing, you only need a green card, which we will provide you in 1 hour after your request.
- Trebinje is another proposal for a full day trip. It is 40km away, or 50 minutes drive. You reach it through the Sitnica border crossing. This city has over 50 cultural and historical monuments, 29 of which are under state protection. It is also home to the largest water park in the Balkans.